Join Our Team
Small, family-run, Sierra Foothills winery seeks an ambitious "jack-or-jill-of-all-trades" with a passion for wine, diverse skillset and the desire to learn the wine industry from the ground up. The position emphasizes the full winery experience from grape growing and wine making to the tasting room and supporting our wine club.
Casque Wines is a family-owned winery in Loomis, CA. We specialize in Rhone varieties and work with the best vineyards throughout the Sierra Foothills.
We are seeking a hard working team player to join our cellar team. This is a year-round full-time position. This individual will primarily support production activities (e.g., harvest, bottling, laboratory work) but will also work in the tasting room and related wine club events as time permits. Prior winery experience is preferred, but enthusiasm, reliability and interest in winemaking are essential. The right candidate will have exceptional attention to detail, willingness to learn and a desire to challenge themselves.
Under direction from the winemaker, this individual will be responsible for:
- Cleaning and sanitizing barrels and production equipment
- Receiving and processing fruit
- Making additions to juice and wine
- Pump-overs, punch downs, wine transfers, racking, topping, etc.
- Other cellar tasks as assigned.
- Working on the bottling line.
- Working in the tasting room (as seasonal production activities at the winery permit)
This individual must be able to:
- Work long hours (overtime is expected during harvest and other seasonal activities and will be compensated accordingly)
- Bend/stoop, squat/crouch, reach, climb, kneel and twist.
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Work around moving equipment and adhere to safety procedures.
- Stand for long periods of time, walk up and down staircases, climb ladders.
- Work indoor and outdoor (occasional exposure to the elements, including wind, rain, and sun).
- Ability to accurately measure, weigh and perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to work most days with possible overtime.
- Good interpersonal skills and an enthusiasm for interacting with customers at the tasting room
- Reliable personal transportation.
- Forklift experience preferred
Please send your resume, references and a cover letter to email@example.com be considered for this position.